ABOUT THE CITADEL FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
Dear friend of Citadel Football,
We are writing to let you know about the Citadel Football Association and to ask you to join.
This association was formed in 1984 as the Alumni Football Association, due mainly to the efforts of Charlie Baker, Class of ’71. Our name is now Citadel Football Association, which opens membership to all supporters of Bulldog football. We are a non-profit organization chartered by the State of South Carolina. The major goal of the the CFA is to provide a means for friends of Citadel Football to promote and support both the players and coaches. We provide financial assistance that is not included in the Athletic Department budget.
Is the CFA in competition with the Brigadier Foundation? No! The Brigadier Foundation by-laws limit the monies raised to Athletic Scholarships only.
What has been accomplished by CFA? Over $850,000 has been raised and put directly into The Citadel Football Program since 1984.
Major and Continuing Programs:
- $50,000 towards new lockesr in Team Dressing Area in Seignious Hall
- CFA Memorial Scholarship Fund through The Citadel Brigadier Foundation
- Sponsorship of Annual Football Awards Program
All Awards plus Senior Plaques and framed action photos
- Weekly Team Steak Nights during the season
- Summer Meal Program for players attending Summer School
- Nutrition Program for all players though out school year
- Monday Steak Nights during the Fall during
- Summer Player Bonding Activities
- Yoga Class and Weight Lifting Awards
- For Complete List of Programs, Events, and Projects please go to these pages
The Citadel Football Association is asking you to support your Citadel Bulldogs by joining The CFA.
|Brent Thompson||John Carlisle '64||Charlie Baker ' 71||CFA Board|
|Head Coach||Membership Chairman||President Emeritus|
"It's a Great Day to be a Bulldog!"