BEAUTIFUL BULLDOG CONTEST
INFORMATION, SCHEDULE & RULES
SCROLL DOWN TO ONLINE REGISTRATION BUTTON BELOW
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Citadel Beautiful Bulldog Contest. It is being presented by The Citadel Football Association to support our mascots, General and Boo, and our football scholarship program.
The contest will be held on Saturday, March 9, 2013 at The Citadel’s Johnson Hagood Football Stadium in Charleston, SC, in conjunction with the Spring Football Game.
11:30 am-12 noon Registration in the Concourse under the Home Side Stands
12 noon -1:00 pm Judging:
1:00 pm -1:30 pm Tally scores
1:30 pm - 1:45 pm Announce/Award winners in Concourse
Line up in Concourse - 1/2 of dogs will go to North end; 1/2 of dogs will go to South end and stay inside the concourse until half time begins
Half time will begin between 1:45 and 2:00
As soon as half time begins, dogs will walk to 40 yard line of field, u-turn and go back to concourse
Winners walk to 50 yard line to be recognized
Best Costume Best Tail Wagger Best Smiler Miss Congeniality Mr. Personality
MOST BEAUTIFUL BULLDOG
All registration is done online by credit card at www.cfabulldogs.org
Registration will close at 12 noon on Thursday, March 07. No dogs will be registered at the event. 60 Dog Maximum
Dogs will assemble under the home side of the football stadium, in the end near The Citadel. Spaces for each dog, water and exercise area will be provided.
At half time of the Spring Football Game, all dogs will walk with their owners on the football field.
Awards will be given at the 50 yard line.
A veterinarian will be present during the contest.
Human friends and family of dogs, owners and the public are encouraged to visit the dogs in the judging area from 12 noon – 1 pm and to attend The Citadel Spring Football Game at 1 pm in the stadium so they can see the Bulldog Beauty Pageant at half time. There is no charge for visitors or the Spring Game.
1. Our judges will be looking for the “Most Beautiful Bulldog.” Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. AKC rules do not apply.
2. All entries must be a real, living, drooling English Bulldog.
3. Only 1 dog may be registered per person .
4. All entries must be current on rabies, distemper and parvovirus vaccinations and heartworm prevention.
Certificate of Vaccinations must be presented at stadium.
5. All bulldogs must be covered by Homeowner’s Insurance Policy of owner for liability in case of harm to another dog, a person or property.
6. Proud ancestry and impeccable breeding are not the main criteria in this unique event.
7. The winning bulldog must exemplify the image of The Citadel’s legendary nickname, “The Bulldog.”
8. Owners must be leashed to their bulldog contestants at all times during the contest.
9. No spiked collars or large signs allowed.
10. Costumes, T-shirts, G-rated signs, etc. are permitted and encouraged, but NOT required, to catch the judges’ attention.
11. Each owner is responsible for their own water and bowl, pad or rug for dog to rest on and other items for the comfort of their dog.
12. Owners are responsible for cleaning up afteryour dog in a timely manner.
The Citadel Football Association and The Citadel will not be held responsible for injury to dogs or damage to, or loss of, personal belongings.
"It's a Great Day to be a Bulldog!"