The Citadel Football Association Logo - Citadel Bulldog

The Mascots

1928 to Present

In 1907 the Football Team was officially called "The Bulldogs" but it was not until 1928 that the first recorded "live Bulldog" began appearing at Johnson Hagood Stadium for Home Games.

Name
Yrs. Served
Owned By
Special Notes
1928-30
unknown
Mike II
1931-34
unknown
Duke
1935-39
unknown
Sonny Sue
1940-46
Capt. George Lockwood
Suzie
1947-48
Capt. George Lockwood
Jake
1947-48
Capt. George Lockwood
Joker
1949-51
Capt. George Lockwood
1952-56
owned by school
Ben Jackson *
Plebe II
1957
owned by school
Ben Jackson *
1958-61
owned by school
Ben Jackson *
1962-63
owned by school
Ben Jackson *
1964-71
Lt. Col. Courvoisie
Boo II
1972-73
Lt. Col. Courvoisie
1974-75
Lt. Col. Courvoisie
1976
Lt. Col. Courvoisie
Colonel Ruff
1977-83
R.D. Mosley Family
donated to Dr. John Bradford
1983-90
Dr. John Bradford
"eaten by alligator"
Boo V
1985-89
Fred Ducker
substitute Mascot
Patrick
1991
Dr. John Bradford
only lived for 6 months
1991-95
Fred Ducker
1996-01
Fred Ducker
2002
Fred Ducker
2003-13
Corps of Cadets **
donated by Fred Ducker
2003-13
Corps of Cadets **
donated by Hazel Groshon
Boo X
2013-
Corps of Cadets **
donated by M/M Eric Wooten
General II +
2013-
Corps of Cadets **
purchased by Mascot Fund


* Ben Jackson was an employee of The Citadel Physical Plant and one of his duties was the task of caring for the "Mascots" which were housed at Johnson Hagood Stadium on the East (Visitor) Side

** Mike Groshon, Asst.AD-Facilities, was the care keeper of the Mascots from 2003 to 2016

+ goes by G2

"It's a Great Day to be a Bulldog!"